Chanel No. 2 (Colon Hydrotherapy)
Colon Hydrotherapy, also known as colonics, colon irrigation or high enemas, is a safe and effective method of removing waste from the large intestines without the use of drugs.
Our clients have reported having positive results from……
- Constipation • Chronic fatigue • Headaches
- Bad breath • Gas • Arthritis • Brain fog
- Swelling of legs • Tension • Allergies
- Backaches • Brittle nails and hair
- Circles under the eyes • Asthma
Most people don't fully understand the connection between colon health and general health. We provide colon hydrotherapy in a luxurious spa environment so you are able to rid your body of waste, achieve balance and maintain colon health.
Colonic irrigation removes built up waste, helps maintain health and encourages weight loss. By removing this impacted waste, balance is restored to the body and you will experience a feeling of wellness and lightness.
In addition to colonics, our state of the art spa offers healthy body detox treatments and a variety of spa services. Our spa services include Swedish massage, foot detox, infrared sauna, organic skin care and online wellness workshops as well as a juice cleanse and other numerous options for cleansing and detoxing your body.
Tony Robbins, world renowned motivational speaker, states:
“The LIBBE Hydrocolonic is the Rolls Royce of colonics”
LIBBE= Lower Intestine Bottom Bowel Evacuation System
We are one of the few locations in San Diego County that offer the LIBBE device,
which provides privacy and dignity while offering the client a more relaxing, safe and comfortable treatment session.
A session typically lasts between 35-45 minutes, and each session is completely private and discrete.
Our clients find the best results with three sessions within 10 days, then one a week for seven weeks.
CHT How to Prepare
Before a colon hydrotherapy session (colonic):
- Dress comfortably, a two piece-outfit is ideal.
- Drink a lot of water - preferably room temperature, not ice cold.
- 24 hours before your treatment: NO RED MEAT and very limited, if any, cheese, pasta, coffee, or energy drinks.
- Having a bowel movement prior to your session is certainly not essential but if you do feel the need to do so, emptying the rectum with a bowel movement just prior to the colonic saves time and permits more to be accomplished.
- For a day or two before and after a session, we suggest drinking lots of filtered water, herbal teas, and fresh juices; along with eating fresh, organic and seasonal vegetables, fruits, whole grains, soups, and lighter proteins. Eating this way will naturally create a healthier intestinal cleansing atmosphere as well as reduce the possibilities of both excess gas build-up and delay in resuming your proper elimination function.
The following are some examples of healthy, cleansing foods to include:
- Herbal teas – chamomile, dandelion, green, peppermint
- Fruits – apricots, bananas, blueberries, figs, grapes, melons, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, prunes
- Protein shakes – whey, hemp, rice
- Proteins – fish, poultry, tempeh, tofu, seeds
- Juices – vegetable and fruit
- Vegetables– preferably seasonal, beets, celery, cucumber, lettuces, parsnips, squashes, sweet potatoes, sprouts, yams; leafy greens such as collard, kale, lettuces, mustard, Swiss chard, watercress, parsley
- Seaweeds – dulse, kelp, kombu, nori
- Whole grains – amaranth, barley, basmati rice, long grain brown rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa
- Breads (if you must) – ezekiel, gluten-free or manna
What to Expect
Colon Hydrotherapy is not a cure, but a valuable procedure used to assist the body for a wide variety of different colon-related conditions. By stimulatng peristalsis (muscle movement of the colon) and improving colon functions, the entire body is able to function more efficiently, you will have more energy, and might notice weight loss in the stomach area.
On of the greatest things about the LIBBE system is the aspect of having your privacy. The therapist will explain the system and instruct you as to how to get properly set up for the procedure, and then she will leave the room while you prepare. The speculum used is about the diameter of a pencil, and is inserted about 1-2 inches into your rectum. Most clients can easily perform this insertion on their own. A gown is provided for you to cover yourself and then an easy access call button alerts the therapist to return to the room to get the system started for you when you are ready and the therapist can assist you and answer questions as needed. She will check in to make sure things are going as expected, but she can also step out of the room to give you privacy to perform your functions on your own.
How it Works
What is a Libbe Colon Hydrotherapy open system?
The Libbe device open system is considered to be the Rolls Royce of Colon Hydrotherapy treatment devices, providing more privacy, dignity and efficacy whilst offering the client a more relaxing, safe and comfortable treatment session. This system allows the client and or qualified colon hydrotherapist more control of their treatment.
One distinct advantage with the Libbe device is the pencil-thin rectal tube, which clients find extremely comfortable. One of the key factors is that your privacy is protected at all times, since the specially designed bed allows you to easily insert the lubricated thin rectal tube by yourself. Many people find this deeply reassuring and comforting.
Once the water flow is turned on, there is no need to interrupt the cleanse. Your colon will gently take in as much water as it can tolerate. When you feel the need to evacuate, you simply release. Because of the continuous inflow and release during the treatment, the body's own muscles are used to provide a more natural, gentle release. At the same time, the peristalsis (action of the muscles of the colon) is greatly stimulated and this provides an excellent workout for the colon.
Because of the nature of the LIBBE device, the qualified colon hydrotherapist does not need to be there with you all the time. This affords you as much privacy as you may desire.
What exactly is the difference between an open and closed system?
You may hear people using the words “open” and “closed” when referring to colonic equipment. The best way to describe the difference between the two is that on the open system you have the ability to push just like during a normal bowel movement. With the closed system, your body’s natural peristaltic movement (the contracting bowel) eliminates waste through a hose the size of your rectum. Some people believe that on the closed system the equipment is sucking the waste out. This is untrue. You may wonder if one system is better than the other; the truth is that it merely comes down to preference. Both systems are FDA approved and equally effective. You just need to choose the right system for you.
Benefits of the OPEN SYSTEM (The system we use here at Eco Chateau):
- You have the ability to push, which many find to be more comfortable.
- You have the option to be given privacy if you prefer to be alone. *We have a call button you can push at any time for the therapist.
- You spend less time (or none) in the restroom afterwards, compared to the closed.
- This system is ideal for those with constipation issues.
- Smaller insertion tube
- This system is ideal for new clients.
Benefits of the CLOSED SYSTEM:
- This system is optimal for those who have easy-flowing bowel movements.
- This system requires less of the client; because you can’t push, the therapist does all the work for you.
- Some feel that because all waste is contained within the speculum and waste line that the closed system is less “gross” (less odor and less noise).
Is Colon Hydrotherapy painful?
Only in the case of an impacted colon you may experience a slight discomfort. Some cramping may occur as the colon contracts to expel waste. Once the major impaction is removed, you will find the session pleasant and relaxing.
Will laxatives accomplish the same result?
Laxatives empty the colon short term but are an irritant to the body. Therefore, the body produces a thin watery substance that goes through the colon and leaves behind impacted toxins and waste. Colon hydrotherapy uses pure water and does not irritate the body. One of the tremendous benefits is that it actually hydrates the body.
Is there a special kind of water used for Colon Hydrotherapy?
We use highly filtered water which passes through two separate filters before being heated to the correct temperature. This filtered water is capable of absorbing and flushing more waste out of the colon because of its drawing effect on solid particles, chemicals and other matter.
How is Colon Hydrotherapy different from enemas?
Enemas are good to clean out the sigmoid and rectal areas of the colon, which extend to about 1ft. A series of colon hydrotherapy treatments can clean out and remove impacted material from the whole colon which is 5-5 1/2 ft long.
What can I expect from Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy is not a cure, but a valuable procedure used to assist, the body for a wide variety of different colon-related conditions. By activating peristalsis, the entire body is able to function more efficiently, you will have more energy, and might notice weight loss in the stomach area.
How do toxins accumulate in the body?
Toxins accumulate in the body as a result of stress and/or consuming too much acidic food, such as sugar, white flour, caffeine and alcohol. When the bowel becomes unnaturally acidic, it attempts to protect itself by secreting a glyco-protein substance that lines the entire intestinal wall. This is known as mucoid plaque. This substance is what makes it hard for the body to absorb vitamins and nutrients, which could result in chronic malnutrition. When the bowel becomes toxic, it contaminates the blood, which in turn, spreads the toxins to the heart, lungs, brain, muscles etc as it is delivering nutrients throughout the body. In the end, the liver is left to deal with toxic blood, and after years of relentless toxicity, it will become sluggish until it will no longer function. At this point, the toxins will begin to collect in other parts of the body. Disease will manifest wherever they settle. Overall, cleansing allows you to remove accumulated mucoid plaque in order to rebuild your bowel and your liver and protect yourself from disease.
Can you describe what a healthy well functioning bowel is?
When one feels the urge to eliminate and immediately honors the urge by a trip to the toilet, elimination is quick and painless and will feel complete. Stools are almond in color (medium to light brown), have very little odor, are one large piece and will either float or break up in water.
How many daily movements does a healthy bowel have?
A healthy bowel may have two to three bowel movements daily, depending on what you eat.
How does Colon Hydrotherapy affect the bacteria balance in my body?
Colon hydrotherapy does not flush all good or bad bacteria out of the body. Once toxins are removed from the colon, the beneficial bacteria have a cleaner habitat facilitating their reproduction and multiplication, therefore achieving a positive bacterial balance.
Is it possible to have colon hydrotherapy treatment during my period?
Colon Hydrotherapy is perfectly safe during this time, and could help decrease the cramps and the bloating accompanying the menstruation. Since this is already a natural cleansing time for women some even schedule their colonic during this time of month.
How will we know when the colon is empty?
The colon will probably never be empty, as it is an organ in continuous use. As more of the impacted material is released clients comment on feeling the water enter higher regions of the colon without any sense of obstruction. The objective should not be an empty colon, but rather a well functioning colon.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy habit forming?
No, colon hydrotherapy is not habit forming. On the contrary, one of the features of colon hydrotherapy is the stimulation of peristalsis, which helps in maintaining and resuming regular bowel movements.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy embarrassing?
Your dignity and privacy is completely maintained at all times in the comfort of our calming and soothing private treatment rooms. During your bowel movement there is no odor with the Libbe Colon Hydrotherapy open system. There is a state-of-the-art exhaust system built into the machine, similar to an exhaust in a restroom.
What preparation do I need to do prior embarking on a colon hydrotherapy treatment program?
We will provide you with an easy to follow dietary regime to best prepare you for the treatment. No fasting is necessary prior to a treatment, and the few dietary adjustments we recommend will greatly enhance the programs results. We believe these are very important and we encourage you to commit and to follow them in order to get the maximum benefits from the course of treatments.
After a session, how might I feel?
You will leave your treatment session feeling rebalanced, lighter, rejuvenated, and re-energized.
Will Colon Hydrotherapy make me constipated or give me diarrhea?
Many clients have experienced a slight delay in bowel movements after therapy and then a resumption of a somewhat larger, easier to move stool.
Why is it called Chanel No. 2? As a French chateau, we figured anything with the word colon in it might not be as tasteful so we figured we should give it a fun, cheeky, french name.
CHT Did You Know
Did you know . . .?
- Today, the most common health complaints are disease and functional disturbances of the digestive organs. Approximately 90% of all visits to the emergency room deal with digestive issues.
- In the January 11, 1999 issue of USA Today “it‘s said that according to the autopsy, John Wayne had 40 pounds of impacted fecal matter in his body at death. Elvis reportedly had 60 pounds”.
- According to the FDA, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is second only to the common cold in causing days missed from work. In the United States alone, 10-15% of the population suffers from IBS.
- Americans spend $725 million on laxatives each year.
- In recent years, an estimated 130,000 new cases of colon and rectal cancer will be diagnosed. Of this population, approximately 44% will die as a result of the disease.
- Colon cancer is the second leading cancer killer in the United States.
- At least two million Americans suffer colon related diseases and approximately 100,000 colostomy surgeries are performed each year.
- The incidence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has reached almost epidemic proportions. In the last decade alone, a 300% rise in middle-aged patients with ileostomy and total colostomy was seen.
- Many experts now believe that the average person has 5 to 20 pounds of accumulated waste in their colon, contributing to major weight gain.
- Vegetarian Times on March 3, 1998 reported, “Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one’s intestines is probably at the bottom of most people’s lists. Let’s face it: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulosis, colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don’t believe it? Ask any coroner, autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80% with waste material.”
$90 for first session (includes health consultation), then only $85 afterwards.
$240 for three sessions (Three sessions within 10 days is ideal)
$525 for seven sessions
$700 for ten sessions